Three departments battle blaze on Blaze in Mt. Vernon last week

Angel Daniels

Shown above, Firefighters work to extinguish the nighttime fire on Blaze Street last week. No one was injured in the incident. (Photo by Angel Daniels)

Trucks from three different fire departments lined up on Blaze St. to battle the fire located at 313 W. Blaze St. in Mt. Vernon. The fire was reportedly contained to the fireplace and chimney.

Mt. Vernon Fire Department, with the help of Friestatt Fire and Stotts City Fire District battled a house fire at approximately 8 p.m. on Monday night, Nov. 20. The house, located at 313 W. Blaze St. in Mt. Vernon, belongs to Mary and Stanley Evatt. Mary was home when the fire started. She and her pets were able to escape uninjured. Logan Phillips, with the Mt. Vernon Fire Department stated the fire, which appears to have started around the fireplace, was contained to the fireplace and chimney area.


Lawrence County Record

312 S. Hickory St.
Mt. Vernon, MO, 65712


Please Login for Premium Content